The Essential Pesach Bickie
We all think of macaroons when we think of Pesach (Passover) food and everyone has their own favourite. This is ours. It has only three ingredients and takes minutes to mix, roll and put in the oven. Add a little lemon or orange zest for an extra zing. Delicious!
This recipe comes to us from MMCC Jacqui’s Nana Rene. The recipes has been passed down through four generations and Jacqui’s daughter Lexi is now the macaroon baker in the family.
Monday Morning Cooking Club's Coconut Macaroons
- 290 grams desiccated coconut (or 245 grams shredded)
- 155 grams Caster (Superfine) Sugar
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray.
- Prepare a bowl of cold water for wetting hands.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly until the mixture holds together. With wet hands, press lightly and shape into walnut-sized balls or small pryamid shapes. Place on the prepared tray and bake fore 25 minutes or until brown on the outside edges.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks