A Luscious Salad, Full of Goodness
The Monday Morning Cooking Club gals always try our best to nourish us and our families with wonderful food. For salads we choose vegetables and leaves rich in colour and antioxidants, the best local extra virgin olive oil, and ingredients from sources we trust. And then simply put it all together with a good dose of love, the essential ingredient.
We love vibrant food that awakens the palate and the soul and this salad is a mouthwatering feast for all senses, full of colour, texture and immense flavour.
Chargrilled Sourdough, Tomato and Haloumi Salad
- 6 thick slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ripe, sweet tomatoes
- 450 grams baby heirloom tomatoes
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 2 packets haloumi cheese thickly sliced
- 250 grams kalamata olives (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup baby capers
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley leaves only
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the sourdough into thick slices. Brush each side generously with the olive oil and cook on a hot grill pan until well charred. Set aside.
- Thickly slice the tomatoes and halve the baby tomatoes.
- Halve and finely slice the red onion.
- 20 minutes before serving: Tear the bread into large chunks and toss with the tomatoes, onion, olives, capers and parsley. Mix together the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad. Toss to combine.
- Thickly slice the haloumi and press with paper towel to remove any extra moisture.
- When you are ready to serve the salad, heat a frypan to hot. Quickly sear the haloumi slices on both sides until golden, a couple of minutes. Place on top of the salad and serve immediately.
Do you know we give ALL of our profits to charity? And here’s a list of the charities we have supported so far.