A Monday Morning Cooking Club Passover Dessert
This absolutely delightful Passover recipe comes from the kitchen of Rocky Lambert Kozica in Melbourne, first published in Monday Morning Cooking Club’s The Feast Goes On (2014). This is one of those recipes that will forever be in your repertoire.
Sweet Matzo Kugel
- 3 sheets matzo (matzoh, matza)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup sultanas (golden raisins)
- 4 apples peeled and grated
- 115 grams butter or margarine melted
- 1/4 cup caster sugar for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Grease a 20 cm square ovenproof dish.
- Break the matzo into rough 3 cm square pieces, place in a bowl, cover with water for a minute, then drain and squeeze out any excess water.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, cinnamon and salt until well combined. Fold in the sultanas, apples, and matzo. Pour into the prepared dish and pour the melted butter on top, then sprinkle with the extra sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
If you need more recipes for Passover, check out our annual Pesach 2022 Recipe Roundup.