BROWN SUGAR NUTTIES
(With thanks to Mish Arndt for this recipe)
- 150 grams walnuts or other nuts coarsely chopped
- 125 grams brown sugar
- 20 grams Unsalted Butter chopped
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F/Gas 3). Line 2 baking trays.
- Place the nuts, sugar, butter and egg white in a medium saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until the butter has melted and the mixture is combined. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto the prepared trays, allowing enough space for them to spread.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack.