This delicious, airy, sweet mousse is a current favourite of the Monday Morning Cooking Club team, especially with summer approaching. It is a refreshing yet sophisticated dessert from the kitchen of Janette Kornhauser on the Gold Coast and appears in our new book, Now for Something Sweet.
It looks gorgeous served in individual glasses.
Choose a good quality white chocolate for this recipe, it will really make a difference.
White Chocolate and Passionfruit Mousse
- 300 grams best quality white chocolate
- 6 eggs separated
- 1/2 cup Caster (Superfine) Sugar
- 1 cup fresh passionfruit pulp plus extra for drizzling
- 600 ml thickened (whipping) cream
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
- Melt the white chocolate and allow to cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the egg yolks and caster sugar until thick and pale.
- Fold half of the passionfruit pulp into the egg yolk mixture and then half of the melted white chocolate. Repeat with the remaining passionfruit and chocolate. Be careful, if the chocolate is too hot, the mixture may seize.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form and gently fold into the passionfruit mixture.
- In separate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form, and gently fold into the passionfruit cream mixture.
- Spoon into a large glass bowl or smaller individual glasses and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, scatter the raspberries and extra passionfruit pulp over the top.