A Revival of an Old Favourite
This is a recipe that has been hidden for more than 10 years. It is from my original handwritten recipe book, and is one of those recipes that (over the years) became invisible. I am unsure of its origin and I haven’t made it in years. But when I do, it conjures up memories and tastes of years gone by. A taste of a particular time in life. Perhaps it was a baby’s playgroup where someone shared the recipe? Perhaps it was from a Tupperware party in the early days of marriage? Perhaps it was from the school fete where some clever mother had made trays and trays?
Whatever it is, it is definitely a guilty pleasure. A very sweet slice with a delicious chewy and light texture. Fun for a special (guilty!) treat.
So let’s give it a huge revival.
Mars Bar slice, welcome back to my grown up kitchen!
Mars Bar Slice
- 3 cups Rice Bubbles (Rice Krispies)
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp (heaped) golden syrup
- 3 Mars Bars (200 g /7 oz) chopped
- 150 grams dark chocolate melted, for the topping
- Line a 3 - 4 cup square or rectangular baking tin.
- Melt together the butter, golden syrup and mars bars. Stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine with the rice bubbles. Mix well and tip the mixture into the baking pan. Flatten the mixture with a spatula.
- Refrigerate until set and pour the melted chocolate over the top to glaze. Cut into squares to serve.
This recipe was originally posted for #LetsLunch.
Did you love this post? Want to keep up with the Monday Morning Cooking Club girls? Click here!