This treasured family recipe comes from the kitchen of Sharon Katz.
The kifli have become an MMCC favourite since this recipe was published in ‘Monday Morning Cooking Club – the food, the stories, the sisterhood’ in 2011.
Looking for these amazing Heilala products? Find them here.
- 125 grams (1 scant cup) Whole raw almonds skin on
- 250 grams (2 sticks plus 1 tbspn) Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 2 1/3 cups Plain (All purpose) Flour
- 1 tbsp Heilala pure vanilla organic (or caster) sugar
- 1 cup icing (confectioners) sugar
- 1/2 tsp Heilala ground vanilla powder
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC and line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Grind the almonds in a food processor. Add the butter, flour and vanilla (or caster) sugar and pulse gently until the mixture comes together. You can also do this by hand.
- Roll the dough into small thumb sized rolls bend into crescent shapes. Place on trays and bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until pale and golden.
- Make vanilla icing sugar by sifting together the icing sugar and ground vanilla powder. When the biscuits have cooled, roll them in the vanilla icing sugar to generously coat.
- Store in an airtight container, sprinkled with any remaining icing sugar. Makes 60.