Monday Morning Cooking Club: A Winter Tipple
It’s getting cold in Sydney, winter is showing its face. Light the fire, make me a cheese board, pass me my mulled wine. Yes siree, that’s happiness.
- 1 bottle pinot noir, shiraz or full bodied red of your choice
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 orange
- 4 peeled pieces orange rind
- 4 peeled pieces lemon rind
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 nutmeg, halved
- 6 cloves
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan over low heat. Cook gently for an hour or so, ensuring the wine does not boil.
- Strain before serving. Drink warm. By the fire. With a big cheese board.