We spend a lot of time in Byron Bay and every Thursday there is a wonderful farmer’s market where one stall sells a most fantastic assortment of sprouts – including sprouted chickpeas, lentils, mungbeans, peas, alfalfa as well as delicious soaked almonds. So easy to buy a bag of sprouts, and make this quick and healthy lunch!
Did you love this post? Click here to sign up for our free monthly newsletter featuring our latest recipes and news from the MMCC girls in the kitchen.
Do you know that we give 100% of our profits to charity?
Byron Bay Sprout Salad
- 500 g Mixed Sprouts sprouting chickpeas, lentils, peas, mung beans etc)
- 100 g Snow Pea Shoots Or other green shoots, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Watercress Or rocket (arugula), roughly chopped
- 2 cup Brown Rice cooked
- 1 cup beetroot (roasted ) red beet, cubed
- 1 whole avocado peeled and cubed
- 1 cup almonds roasted, roughly chopped, reserving ¼ cup for garnish
- 8 – 10 whole Chicken thigh fillets marinated in a dash of olive oil and verjuice
- 150 ml olive oil (1/4 cup)
- 50 ml Verjuice or white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Season the marinated chicken with lots of salt and pepper. Cook on a very hot barbeque until almost cooked through. Set aside, covered with foil, until needed, at least 1/2 hour in advance.
- Mix all salad ingredients together. Dress, seasoning well with salt and pepper to taste. Tear the chicken into large lobes and pile on top of the salad. Sprinkle reserved almonds on top of the chicken.