You’re probably thinking – who needs another avo dip ?!?!
We thought the same, until we tried this one.
The recipe comes from Natanya (my MondayMorningCookingClub sister) who got it many years ago from her good friend Jeff Engelman, and it has now become a staple part of my cooking repertoire.
The recipe was first published in our third book, It’s Always About the Food.
Avocado Dip (Guacamole)
- 3 avocados
- 1/4 red onion very finely chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1 splash Tabasco (or hot chilli sauce)
- 1 lemon juiced, or to taste
- 1 large pinch sea salt
- 1 large pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and mash the avocado using a potato masher or a fork, trying not to make it too smooth.
- Mix everything together and taste for tabasco, salt , pepper and lemon, adding enough so you can taste each of them.
- Serve with cut up veggies, corn chips or whatever you like as a starter, or as a side dish at a bbq…or just on its own with a loaf of fresh bread…and I promise that once you start, you won’t be able to stop eating it…